Major Gifts Officer
Carolina Ballet, one of the top ten ballet companies in the country, is currently accepting applications for an experienced development professional. The Major Gift Officer is a full-time position responsible for managing (cultivating, soliciting and stewarding) a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects.
Within the Carolina Ballet Development Team structure, each position contains a specialty focus on a particular area of development that benefits the greater efforts of our fundraising activities. In addition to managing a portfolio, the Major Gift Officer is responsible for prospect research and reporting, working closely with the Director of Development to ensure successful donor pipeline management and integration across the Development Department. This position is also responsible for database integrity and provides oversight of data entry to ensure accuracy, functionality, updates of data, and the generation of reports.
Reports To: Director of Development
Gift Procurement – Quarterly gift goals will be set annually in consultation with the Director of Development, General Manager and Artistic Director.
- Manage a total prospect pool of current and prospective major gift donors
- Identify prospective, current and lapsed donors who have the potential to give (in conjunction with the Director of Development)
- Cultivate and steward identified prospects and donors via regular communication (phone calls, meetings, tickets, backstage tours, studio visits, etc)
- Solicit identified prospects and donors
- Maintain accurate and reliable records (contacts and next steps) for identified prospects and donors within the Ballet’s Development Database, Sage, on a weekly basis
- Report any cashflow projection changes to the Development Associate and Director of Development on a weekly basis
- Review of your donors within program listing
Prospect Research Responsibilities:
- Ensure successful prospect pipeline management and integration across the Development Department
- With the Director of Development, continue to refine a prospect management system to support the Development team, General Manager, Artistic Director, and Board members
- Determine feasibility of individuals and businesses as prospects, validate capacity ratings, and clearly and concisely report on these findings
- Produce individual, corporate, and foundation research profiles, which outline current and historical relationships with the Ballet, financial, professional, and philanthropic interests
- Proactively identify new major gift prospects
- •Document and manage prospect research activities within the database
- Provide oversight of database administrator to ensure accurate data entry, integration and updates of box office data and generating accurate donor listings and list for special event and marketing
- Provide strategies for major changes and minor upkeep to “clean-up” the data in the fundraising database and to maximize the use of the database
- Attend Carolina Ballet performances to cultivate current donors and new prospects
- Attend Carolina Ballets Special Events to cultivate and steward donors
- Setting up and taking down of events will require some moderate lifting and activity
- Carry out such other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Director of Development
- Minimum of 2 years direct solicitation experience;
- Excellent computer skills – all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with development software (RaisersEdge, Sage, or similar products)
- Demonstrated success in partnering with board members, key donors, and volunteers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in large, complex projects with a corresponding capability to assess the broader picture
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative, professionalism, and follow-up
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Self-starter able to work independently with little or no supervision
Salary: Salaried exempt with benefits & commensurate with experience
Deadline: Application will be accepted through Friday, December 13th.
Anticipated Start Date: January 2014
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Please submit applications online to (include Major Gift Officer in the “Subject” line):
Jill Diaz, Director of Development
Applications should include: cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Carolina Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
Carolina Ballet needs Sales and Customer Service Representatives. Base pay $10.00 per hour + commissions and bonuses.
Primary Responsibilities: Placing phone calls on behalf of the Ballet to either solicit funds or sell subscriptions.
Secondary Responsibilities: Generating good public relations regardless of the results of the call on behalf of Carolina Ballet. Capture and correct patron data for database cleaning.
NO SPECIALIZED BALLET KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED.
Work Location: North Raleigh administrative office @ 3401-131 Atlantic Avenue. (near the intersection of Atlantic and New Hope Church Road.)
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (CAT: Capital Area Transit) IS ABOUT A 2-BLOCK WALK FROM THE OFFICE. THIS JOB MUST BE PERFORMED AT CAROLINA BALLET OFFICES; NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO WORK FROM HOME.
How to Apply
CALL 919.747.8491, LEAVE A MESSAGE; REFERENCE THE WEBSITE—DO NOT SEND RESUMES.
Carolina Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.