PRODUCTION STAGE MANAGER
The Production Stage Manager is a full-time, seasonal position with benefits reporting to the Production Manager. This position works closely with all members of the production team as well as the Artistic Director, Choreographers, Ballet Masters, and Company Dancers to facilitate company rehearsals and performances. In addition to “calling” performances and “managing” the stage environment, the Production Stage Manager assists the Production Manager with the daily operations of the production department.
Job Elements and Responsibilities:
· Stage manage all technical rehearsals and performances.
· Prepare properly for the successful calling of cues by way of review of performance DVDs, meetings with the Lighting Designer, Technical Director, Choreographers, Ballet Masters and the Artistic Director. As new works are set on the company, attend rehearsals, gather information and disseminate to all applicable departments throughout CB.
· Develop and maintain a cue book for each ballet, to include all performance related information: dance tracking, light cues, sound cues (live and recorded), prop tracking, scenic tracking, fly cues, and all other related elements and criteria
· Coordinate elements of theater residencies including, but not limited to, dressing room assignments, scene shifts, crew assignments, class and rehearsal schedules
· Supervise Assistant Stage Managers and the Children’s Coordinator as applicable, particularly for The Nutcracker
· Assist ballet masters and Artistic Director with studio rehearsals.
· Operate sound (when applicable).
· Coordinate the use and placement of rehearsal prop and scenic elements; assist the Artistic Director in simulation or realization of production elements intended for the stage. Coordinate with the Production Manager to ensure that all rehearsal props and scenic pieces are provided, spike the floor appropriately.
· Video record studio rehearsals as required.
· Provide general oversight in maintaining cleanliness and organization of the studios. Trouble shoot audio equipment as necessary and communicate any facility issues (heating/cooling, lights, bugs, etc.) with Administrative Director.
· Maintain and distribute casting and rehearsal information.
· Proactively obtain and distribute repertoire casting for both rehearsals and performances. Verify casting and attendance for each performance and rehearsal in the theatre, coordinate and distribute recasting information in situations of illness, injury, or absence with Artistic Director and/or Ballet Masters as well as the Costume Director, Wardrobe Supervisor, and the Dancers.
· Produce and publish dancer daily schedules; post information on call boards, and the dancer distribution list via email in coordination with Ballet Masters, the Assistant to the Artistic Director and the Artistic Director.
· Track and report all overtime of company dancers, and services of contracted musicians and other performers associated with class, rehearsals, and performances.
· In conjunction with Artistic Director and Ballet Masters, compile and distribute the schedule for technical rehearsals in the theater.
· Supervise dancer supernumeraries and extras. Communicate all schedule requirements and interface with all production related staff (including notification of all costume fittings, rehearsals, performances, conflicts); maintain paperwork and database information and forms.
· Report all injuries to Administrative Director and physical therapist in a timely manner. Facilitate emergency medical treatment for performances and rehearsals in the theater and at the studios or in absence of Company Manager. Follow up on condition of dancers and ability to rehearse/perform and distribute this information to the artistic team.
· Attend and document production meetings; distribute information to other departments as appropriate
· Undertake the search and purchase of music for new works (ballets) to include, but not limited to: manuscripts, sheet music, albums, CDs, DVDs, downloads, etc., in conjunction with the Artistic Director, Assistant to the Artistic Director and Production Manager. Edit music as necessary, keep studio tablets up to date with all music, and supervise use of music at the theater by either constructing a QLab show file or producing appropriate CDs.
· With the Production Associate, ensure that every performance is included in both the electronic and DVD archives. Also, maintain the company’s Vimeo account with all rehearsal-related video content, as well as videos to send out for grants or other proposals. Create, edit, and distribute links to video content as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
· Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· An individual with strong abilities calling performances is desired
· Minimum of three years professional experience in dance, ballet preferred.
· The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent time management and interpersonal skills along with the ability to self-motivate;
· Proficiency in MS Word/ Excel, some sound/video editing skills helpful.
· Availability to start August 7, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Carolina Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Carolina Ballet needs Sales and Customer Service Representatives. Base pay $10.00 per hour + commissions and bonuses.
Primary Responsibilities: Placing phone calls on behalf of the Ballet to either solicit funds or sell subscriptions.
Secondary Responsibilities: Generating good public relations regardless of the results of the call on behalf of Carolina Ballet. Capture and correct patron data for database cleaning.
NO SPECIALIZED BALLET KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED.
Work Location: North Raleigh administrative office @ 3401-131 Atlantic Avenue. (near the intersection of Atlantic and New Hope Church Road.)
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (CAT: Capital Area Transit) IS ABOUT A 2-BLOCK WALK FROM THE OFFICE. THIS JOB MUST BE PERFORMED AT CAROLINA BALLET OFFICES; NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO WORK FROM HOME.
How to Apply
CALL 919.747.8491, LEAVE A MESSAGE; REFERENCE THE WEBSITE—DO NOT SEND RESUMES.
Carolina Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.